In the last few weeks I’ve had a reality check, so to speak. The year is almost over and I haven’t made any real progress in finding another line of work. I’ve come across so many great things online. Real South Africans making their dreams come true and making real progress. So all of these real events are really motivating me to also want to advance in my life.
So a couple of weeks ago, even though it was extremely nerve wrecking, I entered SocialStar and I have to say it was the most outrageous thing I’ve ever done because afterwards I tried so hard to forget it just so that it wouldn’t freak me out when I’m sleeping. And now in retrospect, it’s the biggest investment I’ve ever made in myself.
I think I believe in myself to a certain extent. It’s why I never take big risks. Just always living in the shadows. I do help people though – it’s one of my passions and I truly believe that it’s one of the main reasons of my existence. I also do that – in the shadows.
So to remedy this situation I’ve come up with some ideas that I’m hoping will work for me:
- Recognizing the problem. I now understand why those people in AA say: “Hi, I’m Bonnie and I’m alcoholic”. You can’t fix what’s broken just like you can’t level up if you don’t know that you’re a level down. I now want to be a risk taker! A realists! An achiever!!
- Starting at the bottom. You have to be willing to start at entry level. It’s very hard down there but it’s where everyone that has ever reached an alpha level status starts. Two main inspirations right now are Mindy Kaling and Lupita Nyong'o. Read up on their stories!
- Preseverence. Looking for jobs is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever encountered. I don’t know how people do this every day for months/years. You’ve got two options here – be hopeful or be numb so that the non-responses don’t hurt you.
- Do not disclose. If what you want is not in the main stream of things like your doctors and lawyers do not tell people what you’re working on. Let your work speak for you when the light eventually shines on it. Then only will those people who would’ve discouraged you have nothing to talk about.
- Invest in yourself. In the world of blogging there’s just so many things that are key now to making your blog a recognizable force. You have to have the best in everything BUT I do advice that everything be done in the right time. Don’t live beyond your means. Grow at your own pace.
This is what I’m going to use in order to level up! I hope you also find it helpful.
Sometimes the hardest thing in the world is getting out of bed but if you’ve been blessed with a brand new day there’s really no excuse to live in the yesterday of things!!
Be the best you can be!!