Friday, 27 November 2015
Monday, 23 November 2015
I hope everyone is well!!
The other day I came across such a special video on Youtube. It was Claire Marshall’s 15 of my best feelings or something like that and I think I’ve watched it like 3 times now already. The video is beautifully edited – so definitely some #editinggoals there – and it’s just sooo meaningful.
Because I’m not used to vlogging I thought I would just list it here on my blog! I recently did 20 facts and I’m starting to feel like I’m oversharing!
So most of my things are similar to hers but I was interested to see what my other favourite feelings were!!
1. Opening up my windows in the morning. It’s one of the first things I do. It just makes me feel grateful and determines how I’ll spend the rest of the day and what my outfit options are for the day.
2. Definitely when I’m having my first cup of coffee. At this moment I’m enjoying Enrista. It’s creamy and super smooth and smells amazing (who else smells their coffee *hands up*)
3. When I have time for make-up. I’d rather be on time than be late so if there’s no time, I skip make-up. After adapting at work I started carrying a carry on make-up bag in my bag so now everything is fine! LOL!
4. When I know what I’ll be doing for the day. It’s super frustrating to not have a plan of the day. But when I have a list of things to do/ know that I have free time and will therefore be able to make my own plans, the day definitely goes by much better.
5. When Scandal comes out! The suspense is really too much from Thursday to Thursday!! I mean whose rule is this?
6. Hanging out at Bargain Books. It’s literally the best place for me to hang out when I’m having a day off. I love discovering new books and buying fictional action packed books!!
7. Trying out new restaurants. Super weird. Seeing that I’m not a club person I’d rather be Dora the Explorer of food and new shops.
8. Hanging out at church! It’s the best place for me to be. My soul gets enriched and I just get strengthened and get ready to take on any challenges! I’m also a huge lover of Planetshakers!!
9. When I can finally be by myself. I like singing and dancing and lying around and to see how far I can try out a recipe without burning my food. And sometimes I would restructure my room and catch up with the online world.
10. Being with my mom.
11. Being with the rest of my family.
12. Being with parentless kids. I believe that I have so much love to give so whenever I get an opportunity to mentor girls I grab it with both hands. Especially girls who know already that they’re destined to do big things and basically just need a cheerleader.
13. When I’ve had a really hard day the best thing that can happen is rain. It’s when I know that everything will be okay (so weird).
14. Travelling. Super nerve-wrecking but definitely worth it! The world is so huge!! I just love seeing something out of the norm.
15. When I give in to sleep. I think I’d rather be awake all the time but that moment when my limbs give out and my eyes can no longer remain open is the best feeling in the world!!
This was soo awesome!! I hope you guys enjoyed this!!
Do check out Claire’s video!!
Tuesday, 17 November 2015
In the last few weeks I’ve had a reality check, so to speak. The year is almost over and I haven’t made any real progress in finding another line of work. I’ve come across so many great things online. Real South Africans making their dreams come true and making real progress. So all of these real events are really motivating me to also want to advance in my life.
So a couple of weeks ago, even though it was extremely nerve wrecking, I entered SocialStar and I have to say it was the most outrageous thing I’ve ever done because afterwards I tried so hard to forget it just so that it wouldn’t freak me out when I’m sleeping. And now in retrospect, it’s the biggest investment I’ve ever made in myself.
I think I believe in myself to a certain extent. It’s why I never take big risks. Just always living in the shadows. I do help people though – it’s one of my passions and I truly believe that it’s one of the main reasons of my existence. I also do that – in the shadows.
So to remedy this situation I’ve come up with some ideas that I’m hoping will work for me:
- Recognizing the problem. I now understand why those people in AA say: “Hi, I’m Bonnie and I’m alcoholic”. You can’t fix what’s broken just like you can’t level up if you don’t know that you’re a level down. I now want to be a risk taker! A realists! An achiever!!
- Starting at the bottom. You have to be willing to start at entry level. It’s very hard down there but it’s where everyone that has ever reached an alpha level status starts. Two main inspirations right now are Mindy Kaling and Lupita Nyong'o. Read up on their stories!
- Preseverence. Looking for jobs is probably the hardest thing I’ve ever encountered. I don’t know how people do this every day for months/years. You’ve got two options here – be hopeful or be numb so that the non-responses don’t hurt you.
- Do not disclose. If what you want is not in the main stream of things like your doctors and lawyers do not tell people what you’re working on. Let your work speak for you when the light eventually shines on it. Then only will those people who would’ve discouraged you have nothing to talk about.
- Invest in yourself. In the world of blogging there’s just so many things that are key now to making your blog a recognizable force. You have to have the best in everything BUT I do advice that everything be done in the right time. Don’t live beyond your means. Grow at your own pace.
This is what I’m going to use in order to level up! I hope you also find it helpful.
Sometimes the hardest thing in the world is getting out of bed but if you’ve been blessed with a brand new day there’s really no excuse to live in the yesterday of things!!
Be the best you can be!!
Sunday, 8 November 2015
It seems like you guys liked the 10 tips to get ready for spring so I decided to write another one for summer! I don’t know what you guys will be doing but I think that we always experience scorching hot Decembers all over the country! So before the sun sets, let’s get started!!
1. I’ve been talking about reaching year end goals since the second semester started, so I’d suggest that if you haven’t done something cool, we should think about something right now. The only thing to remember about 2015 can’t be Japan beating the Boks (rugby) or #feesmustfall or Adele’s Hello. Plan a last minute trip or invite a few friends to go hiking and make some memories!!
2. If you’re not bikini bod ready, it’s not a train smash. You could either (a) not wear a bikini and do something more outdoors or (b) decide that everyone should fly sideways and wear your bikini anyway!! Life’s too short to care what people think. Especially if you’ve had a rough year.
3. Let go. If you’ve had a rough year it’s really a huge load to carry going into Christmas with a heavy heart. If you can, find a way to let go so that you can carry on. If you need some time on your own, take some time off and disconnect in a healthy way.
4. Family Time. Spend some time with loved ones. There’s something really therapeutic about that. And if you’re in a cool family like mine it will feel great to hear about the progress that your family has made during the year.
5. Reflect. With some painful memories behind you, you might not want to do that. But if 2015 was a good year for you then this would be the perfect time to tick off some things that you’ve achieved in the year.
6. Love. If you’ve been in a committed, long-term relationship, this is the time to capitalize on holidays and finally spending some time together. And also the best time for the perfect gifts. And some reassurances and making new memories. If you’re not in a relationship then this is the perfect time to let your guard down and mingle!
7. Fashion. Summer is all about skin. The dresses, the shorts, sunscreen lotion and flip-flops and rad sunnies. Even if you’re not going to be dipping in the ocean, you just have to know the dress code! Don’t walk around in sweats and slippers! Dressing up can do wonders for your mood and worries!
8. Planning New Year’s Eve. Isn’t amazing how many weird stories you hear of what people do on New Year’s Eve? LOL! You can’t be spending it at home! Find out what your friends are doing and join in on the fun and weird stories!! Or better yet – put together your own party!
9. If you’ve been unhappy the whole year, and it’s your fault, really…it’s time to wake up and make changes. Personally, I’m not really a fan of New Year’s Resolutions but for the sake of argument – let’s call it that word. They fall apart so easily but the realisation that the year has gone to waste and it’s already December….that has GOT to be a wakeup call to anybody!!
10. Bid Farewell. Also similar to the thing mentioned up here but not at the same time. Say goodbye to all bad habits (realistically). There’s no point in dragging things that you know are not good for you around all year. This includes people. People who don’t appreciate you or try to match the effort you put in for them in their own way.
Life is a gift! To live I in regret or misery is a tragedy. Make changes today!!